Thursday 30 August 2018

Summer Review

Hello you lovely bunch of people long time no write :( Sorry about that but I have just finished my A-Levels and it's been a whirlwind. So I thought I would write a little post about my summer so far and all the bits and bobs I have been up to (the summer after A-levels is honestly one of the best in my opinion because a) you appreciate free time a lot more and b) you just can spend time with the people that mean lots to you before going to uni)...

  

This summer I was lucky enough to go to Italy with my family - it was so so lovely I recommend saving up your pennies and planning a holiday to this country, pronto! I love the window seat on planes and these photos just show how different England is to other countries - the patchwork green grass is just beautiful but then again so was the Italian terracotta buildings. Seeing Pompeii was pretttyyyy amazing yet surreal at the same time, I mean, to think that a natural disaster preserved this place...it's crazy. Also I knew it was a big city but honestly it was way bigger than I expected!

Oh the food in Italy. It was insane I really recommend looking on Tripadvisor for places you can go - but make an effort to visit the small independents (the Italian only speaking are the best!).

Of course the World Cup was going on over summer and I was home for the final which was one of the only times I have ever followed football but I loved how it brought everyone closer - plus beer gardens are the best!


I went to my first weekend music festival Boardmasters. It was honestly such a good weekend I mean there are always dramas here and there but overall I had the best time with the best people! One of my highlights from the weekend was going down to the beach with tropical sunshine and dipping our toes in to the sea - it was lush!


There are so many other memories from going on nights out, a city trip to Liverpool, visit to London for the day with my mum going to the V&A to see the Fashioned from Nature exhibition, walks, lunch dates and lots of good food! 





This summer has been one of the best I have ever had! I hope you all have had an amazing summer too!

All my love 

Ames 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment